Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Making burp cloths while being sick? I must be crazy!

It started Friday afternoon when my voice went down two octaves. My mother-in-law called and thought I was her son because my voice was so low.  I woke up Saturday and felt awful...but the weekends are really my only days to work on building up OneTwentyOne, so I powered through. I must be crazy, right? Building a business when you feel like you got run over by a MACK truck? Well, I was determined.

And I succeeded. :) I'm still not well, but I completed my task.

As I am continuing to learn, I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some items already made and ready to ship.  It took me a little longer than usual this weekend, but I was able to finish ten ready-made burp cloths to sell on Etsy.

AND... I even added a little extra to the sewing design.  I top-stitched in a coordinating or complimenting color in both a straight stitch and a zig-zag.  I also just put one zig-zag stitch down the center instead of diving the burp cloth into thirds.  However, because I am such a perfectionist, I see flaws in the design... probably only stuff that I can see... but it bothers me and I need to find a way to fix them.  And thus begins more research with trials and errors.  But that's life, am I right?

Thank you for allowing me to share this awesome journey with you.  I'm loving this! I hope you are too! And, I would love for advice and feedback...so hit me up when you get the chance. Here are a few photos from my weekend.
 Here is my sweet Q holding a burp cloth... isn't he just awesome?! And he was about to fall out of the chair...so I had to do a quick snap-and-catch. 

 A portion of my weekend project.

I love this one.  The fabric is a fantastic butter yellow and top-stitched in teal.  "Sweet Baby" is what I always say to my kiddos, so this phrase is sentimental to me. 

Hope everyone has a healthy and productive week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment