Thursday, November 21, 2013

What's the deal with the meerkat?

Many of you have asked why there is a meerkat in my logo? Meerkats are so random, right?
The question that I have is "Why WOULDN'T there be a meerkat?" They are so cute and awesome!

But that's not the reason why I have it as a signature screen print or why it is a part of my logo.  So, here we go... The Meerkat Meaning.

Many years ago, my sister (aka, The Diva) fell in love with the show "Meerkat Manor" on Animal Planet.  She decided from that point on to refer to everyone she loved as a "Merr Cat".  I don't remember at what point she realized she had been mispronouncing it and switched over to saying "Meerkat", but it didn't matter.  The affectionate term spread like wildfire and pretty soon, I was hearing random people refer to their friends as "Merr Cats".

If you ever have the chance to meet my sister, you will immediately fall in love with her and her "merr cat" daughter, E.  She has a wonderfully infectious personality that 1) makes you feel cool to hang out with her, and 2) secretly want to be her.  If you ever do meet her, I guarantee you will want to call everyone in your love circle.... a Meerkat (or Merr Cat...whichever:)

So, in honor of my best friend and sister, I have included a Meerkat as my signature design. This one animal brings so much joy to my heart because of what it means to my sister and my family.  Love.

Much love to all my meerkats!

No comments:

Post a Comment