Friday, February 28, 2014

These are a Few of My Favorite Blogs

The post title is sung to the tune of "These are a Few of My Favorite Things."

And now, that song is going to be stuck in your head:) Mwahaha!

On this fine Friday, I wanted to share with you a few blogs that I absolutely love!  I have many that I try and keep up with, so this list is only skimming the very top. These are in no particular order.

1. Eclectically Vintage

If you haven't been able to tell by now, I have a very vintage heart.  And this blog speaks right to it.  Kelly, the owner of Eclectically Vintage, has a great eye for thrifting and finding homes that are...well...eclectic.  One of my favorite things I love about this blog are the home tours.  Here are a couple of my favorite homes:
** Living Vintage - LOVE the wood walls and clean, chic white she has throughout the house. She paired rustic vintage with crisp lines and color.  So wonderful!
** Rain on a Tin Roof - This home has an amazing combination of vintage and modern.  And the green door...SO AWESOME!! I love the white kitchen cabinets with black hardware...simply timeless!

2. View Along the Way

I started reading this blog about a year ago, and I laugh just about every time I read a post.  Its not what she writes about that is funny to me, its her writing.  She is just so stinkin' funny! I love her humor! Because I am in the midst of a house reno, I appreciate that she and her husband are DIYers. They have done everything from scraping wallpaper and popcorn ceilings to up cycling garage sale/vintage furniture.  Too cool for school! :) Here are a couple of my favorite posts:
**35 Ways to Save Money - I about to start my new adventure of being a stay at home mommy, so this is super important information for my family right now.... SUPER SUPER important.
**Lamp Hack: How to Make Any Lamp Cordless - One word: Genius! Two more words: Read it.

3. The Life of Jennifer Dawn

I'm not exactly sure how I came across her blog, but I am so glad that I did.  Everything on here is just awesome, and I love her writing style too! What I particularly enjoy are her crafty tutorials and her link parties. I love finding new blogs, and she always links to some great ones! She also loves to sew, as do I!  My favorite tutorials that I'm dying to try out are:
**Paper Garland Tutorial - super cute for decorating at a party or shower.
**The Kitchen Command Center - If you have one child, no children, one pets, no pets... its just you... you NEED this information! Organization is crucial for life and this is a very creative way to keep it all under control.

Well, happy reading, everyone! Check back next week for more blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, thanks so much, Jessica! :) Have a great weekend!
    Kelly @ view along the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my blog! Seeing this today was so special. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jessica! Wow - thanks so much for considering me one of your favorite blogs and glad you like my home tours! Have a great weekend!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete